Thursday 27 October 2016

LFDW DAY 1 - A LITTLE STREET STYLE NEVER HURT ANYONE!



I feel a dull ache in my right shoulder, its familiar and I have to admit, I have missed it. Aaah the small joys of fashion week! 
So I have been out of the game for a hot minute because I have been working in film but it feels so good to be back! The dull ache in my right shoulder comes from hoisting the camera up and down each time a model comes down the runway and I love hitting that sweet spot where the light is just right and the stride is on point and the........(you gerrit)

 Day 1 of the Lagos Fashion and Design week was a bit of a shock because never have I seen such a huge crowd turn up for day 1. I had to ask my other photographer friends if this was the new normal and they seemed to agree that the crowd was very unprecedented for Day 1! Usually people up the ante from day 3 upwards.
The show started hours after schedule but by the times the lights came up, the place was packed full, not one seat was left empty. I will discuss the show itself in my next post but first; street style!

Street style vibes were on another level yesterday as there weren't too many over the top looks, there were a few here and there but mostly, it was a nice mix of vibrant colors, bold patterns and interesting textures. A guy rocked a stole with some bling on it! I loved it






















Rio the stylist from Tanzania rocking his stole!

 I hope to see more cool street style in the following days! x




No comments:

Post a Comment