Thursday 20 March 2014

For Him




A Splash of Color For The Men!
 

Been gone for a minute! I missed updating this blog. Its been a crazy week at work, I didn’t even have time to think much less write something for the blog. Thankfully I can take a breather for now!

For a long time, I’ve always been absolutely smitten by the idea of colorful socks on men. Like if I spied anyone wearing socks other than black or white, I’m instantly happy.

I can’t really explain it but I love it and I love it even more when guys get into the trend as well! Sure there are guys who dress sharp in their nicely ironed shirt and pants with the occasional interesting skinny tie or pocket square but the minute I spot a bit of color at the ankle, just that little bit where the pants end and the shoe starts, yeah that place, it add so much character to a look without being too obvious.

I literally want to scream I. FIND. YOU. INTERESTING!!

Picture a guy trying to talk to me and all the usual toasting and stuff to get my attention and as a normal naija girl, I be frontin and acting like I don’t even speak the language! Lol….cut the long story short, if you had on an interesting pair of socks apart from the conventional black and white, I would be very interested but naturally I’ll feign slight disinterest, lol (what? That’s the way they do it in Lagos o, or so I’m learning). But its better than a moment ago when I wasn’t having any of it.

Point is, it just shows that you put some thought into it, even if it’s totally off color and weird, I still give you kudos. It’s not always going to be about the sharpest suit or the baddest tie, sometimes, all it takes is just a tiny detail like that.

From checkered to polka dots to squares to stripes, they can all be incorporated into your every day wardrobe.   And for the men who feel designs and patterns are just a bit much for them, then there are always block colors to pick from, as seen below! Don't be afraid guys, give it a go!
 
 





 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment