Friday 7 March 2014

TOYOSI FARIDAH KEKERE-EKUN's INDUCTION!


INDUCTION
 

The 20 piece photo exhibition was held at the omenka gallery in Ikoyi on February 23rd. the photographer Toyosi Faridah Kekere Ekun had been working on this project for over a year. She was inspired by a tragedy that occurred in her life in 2012 when she lost a dear friend. This was a artistic impression of what she went through emotionally and a  sort of induction into what life truly is and its impact when it hits you. The pieces were truly profound, deep and utterly beautiful; one would know that this must have come from a dark, confused place or a place of deep sorrow and sadness.

But she came full circle and presented us with great pieces that are well worth it. I was happy to see people snagging up a few pieces barely an hour into the exhibition. I was thoroughly enjoying a piece named “her” when I heard someone behind me say “that one, yes, I want that one” and that was it. Sold!

The female model in the pictures is UJU, a known face in the Nigerian modeling world and she was simply amazing and so full of expressions but in the subtlest of ways. There was a shot called asphyxia; in it, the model is being choked and force fed water. It’s a hard shot to capture so she must have done that severally to achieve the perfect shot.

Congratulations on a successful exhibition Toyosi and we certainly hope to see more!

I am sorry I couldn’t take pictures to show you because of intellectual property and so on but if you have time, the exhibition  can be viewed at her studio in Victoria Island, it's worth a view!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear, I nominated you for the Liebster's award...do check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete