Thursday 12 June 2014

CRISP WHITE SHIRT - LAGOS BIG BOY EDITION


The other day as I drove home from work I turned on the radio and caught a drive time show on the radio. I think I caught the tail end of the show where the girl was giving pointers on

How to be a Lagos big boy

She had a few hilarious points like ; you must drive an SUV, you must never have unsightly bulging pockets when you are out in public; in other words carry your phone, wallet, keys, DNA samples…….everything! in your hands. She had other points but the one that stuck out to me was

Your well starched crisp white must be paired with a clean stone wash light blue pair of jeans.

At first I was like “you gotta be kiddin….” But then I thought about it. There are loads of guys wandering about in crisp white shirts and stone wash blue jeans right? It’s really not that special, I can't guarantee that I would look twice.  I think it’s down to the wearer; how well do you carry a garment? There is something distinguished about a man in a crisp white shirt, rolled up sleeves with the first two buttons undone – think Idris Elba giving you some serious eye. (use your imagination)
 
I can’t explain it but I think it’s quite attractive for a man to be able to wear a crisp white shirt and wear it well! As you may already know, fashion financials loves a well dressed man and while the look the OAP described is not entirely how I would assess a Lagos big boy, we think there is something to be said for a man in a crisp white shirt.

Here are some pictures of some guys rocking the look!
First up is every Naija girl's favorite imaginary "baby daddy" Lynxxx ! He does the unbuttoned look well
 
Here is  Nominee for brother in law of the year Jay Z in his own laid back version
 
 
 
Ryan Gosling, I have to say I was not his biggest fan but ever since the shirtless scenes in crazy stupid love........where he showed off his I can lick ice cream off his body  nice arms....let's just say I am now convinced

 
 
 
Oldie but a goodie George Clooney always looks dapper. He hardly buttons up his shirt all the way even sometimes on red carpets
 
 
 
Tom Ford...this man may be Gay but anytime I see him in a white shirt especially with the sleeves rolled in one of those his picturesque signature poses, I am done! I just have to be excused
 
 
Brad Pitt looks good in it as well
 
 

And finally, the man who has featured in many women's dreams Idris Elba 
 
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hehee. But someone is missing, simon cowell!!!!! He should be the first on that list!!

    ReplyDelete