Wednesday 11 June 2014

What are you reading?

I am a big fan of magazines and for the last few months I have been collecting them. I always said I would do a round up on what was on the fashion and lifestyle newsstands every month but I just never got around to it. People do tend to pinch my magazines at work so I didn't get a chance to take my own pictures of them.
I do read other publications which are not fashion and lifestyle but this post is mainly about the most widely read fashion and lifestyle books on the market.

Here they are! please enjoy

Let's start with the latest issue of Hello! Nigeria with Former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (1991) Nike Osinowo and her beautiful Twins. She goes into detail about the circumstances surrounding the decision to have twins via surrogate in the United States. Cover was shot by Kelechi Amadi Obi and I must say; it was an interesting read

 
 
 
The latest Complete Fashion has RnB singer and 2008 finalist from MTN project fame Praiz and reigning Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria Anna Banner. Covers were shot by Moussa Moussa


 
 

The latest Genevieve Magazine has Billionaire oil tycoon Femi Otedola and his pretty daughter DJ Cuppy on the cover. This must have been a giant coup for Betty Irabor and the folks over at Geneveive because getting a businessman like Femi on the cover of a "fashion & lifestyle" magazine can't have been easy. The cover was shot by Yetunde Baba Eko.
 
 
 
Next up is Mania magazine. Incase you didn't know, Mania is published by renowned photographer Kelechi Amadi Obi so naturally the images and pictorials in the magazines will always be near perfect if not perfect. Their may issue which they dubbed the "Power Issue" features Ngozi Edozien the CEO of an investment company called Invivo partners Ltd. The magazine also features Ace comedian Ali Baba as well as their ever colorful beauty pages which I always look forward to.
 
 

 
 
Total Woman's latest issue features the lead actors from critically acclaimed novel turned movie "Half of a yellow sun" Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton.
 

 
 
Pride Magazine finally made it's debut! This premiere issue has been in the works for-ever and I do mean forever (on the DL ofcorse) but I am just so happy it finally came out. Omawumi graced the first cover and speaks candidly about her life, career, daughter and her decision not to reveal the father of her daughter. The issue packs a punch with it's Pride man section, a resounding tribute to Nelson Mandela and several other pictorials.
 
 
OK Nigeria features Music star Tuface Idibia on the cover. In the issue, he discusses his new life with his wife, actress Annie Macaulay Idibia, he discusses what it's like to have a new born in the house and his preference for dark skinned women.
 

That's it for now. I will update this post if I've left anything out. Thanks for reading. X

No comments:

Post a Comment