Monday 8 September 2014

AQUAFINA ELITE MODEL LOOK 2014 - NIGHT OF GLAMOUR

Once the play was over (see previous post) , I quickly made my way across the street to Eko Hotel for the Elite model look runway show. I got there about 9pm and I was already late! My boss was already waiting with my all access pass and that’s never a good thing to keep her waiting.

After doing a tiny bit of the red carpet, I went straight for the runway and took my place next to the ever aggressive photographers trying to get the best angles and lighting. I had learnt my lesson from the AFWN show earlier in the year so I quickly found a good spot and the show was underway. At a point, another photographer just came and sat right infront of me, he took up my entire frame and I had to tell him off…didn’t change much, his head was still slightly in there. I’m quickly learning that in runway photography, once you are late, what you get is indeed what you get.

Anyway, the show was quite fun filled, American R n B singer G I N U W I N E was billed to perform but he was “unable to attend at the last minute”.  Praiz and Yemi Alade provided us with great performances so it was all good. The models walked in labels like T Z A R, O K U N O R E N  T W I N S,
M I M I   L E E, I C O N I C  I N V A N I T Y, T A Y O   G A B R I E L, A G B A N I  D A R E G O , A N D R E A   I Y A M A and others

At the end of the night, my favorite M A R I O S  did not win and neither did audience favorite Bolu who wowed the ladies in his swim wear when he opened a bottle of aquafina and poured it all over his head and onto his washboard abs. Ladies and gentlemen it shames me to say I don’t have a picture of that moment because it happened all the way at the beginning of the runway on his way backstage plus I was a bit shocked and wanted to capture the moment with my own two koro koro eyes! His abs had ladies excited already but after that move, every other time he came out, the screams were deafening.


In the end, Victor Ndigwe and Mayowa Nicholas emerged victorious as the 2014 elite models! Congrats guys. Please enjoy some photos from the night.

























































And this is the Bolu


More pictures coming up soon....watch this space 




No comments:

Post a Comment