Monday 8 September 2014

THE WIVES - STAGE PLAY BY AHMED YERIMA


I got back from the Elite/Fuse opening quite late but I could not sleep in because I had to go and do a bit of pictures for a friend of mine whose lovely sister was getting married.

 Right after that, I raced to Terrakulture to see the play “T H E  W I V E S” by Ahmed Yerima featuring my friend David Azeez. The play was extremely laugh – out- loud funny. It’s about chief Olowokere’s three wives and younger sister who gather around for his wake keep; they soon discover hidden secrets and shocking revelations about the man they call husband.

It featured his first wife Angela, a typical wafi woman, played by Evaezi, second wife Dr Cecilia Olowokere played by Cool FM OAP Kayla, third wife a classic “dumb blone” played by Odenike, aunty mi played by Olawumi  and the lawyer played by David Azeez. 

I particularly enjoyed the singing and dancing by the wives and ofcorse the last wife added some hilarity by dancing the “S H O K I” while others did their traditional dance steps to Ebenezer Obey’s “ALOWO MAJAYE”


It was a good show and well worth my money spent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment