Monday 24 February 2014

ONE NITE: LIVE AND UNPLUGGED WITH WAJE

CAN WE FALL IN LOVE WITH WAJE FOR A MINUTE?!
 
 

Its 12:30am, I should be tired and heading for bed but nope! Not after the night I just had. Allow me to begin at the beginning.
 

For the last two hours, I was busy falling accidentally in love with a lady called WAJE! Yes the singer WAJE. Tonight was "ONE NITE: live and unplugged with WAJE at the soul lounge of the intercontinental hotel. Now I call it accidental because I was unprepared for the aweseomeness that hit me. WAJE literally dared me not to fall in love with her unbelievable vocals and charisma.

Now I will confess that I wasn’t up to date with her music but after tonight, omo meehnnn!!! Words fail me. the woman can sing for Africa! Words fail me really when it comes to describing her voice. It is studio perfect.

 She sang to us, joked with us, she danced for us, gisted us about valentine’s day and how she spent it! It was like hanging out with your friend who just wants to make you laugh and be happy. She worked every corner of the crowd. The woman gave us sweat and tears. Literally, she teared up when she sang a very deep song but her voice was still flawless in spite of the tears

Omawumi came out to show support and at one time took to the stage with her friend WAJE, so did Toke Makinwa. Omawumi cracked us all up with her intro for WAJE as she was about to sing “IJEOMA”. She pranced up and down the stage like a preacher getting the crowd revved up! she was preaching the gospel according to waje hard. We couldn’t get enough. I was so happy to see women supporting each other and you can tell this was true friendship. Omawumi says she is WAJE’s biggest fan but im sorry to disappoint you omawumi, fashion financials has now become the self appointment WAJE biggest fan and all other related matters! please enjoy the pictures



















This is Waje "pulling shoe" about to serve us some wicked dance moves..but my camera died :(

Please pick up her CD, it’s worth it. If she has shows, attend them because you cannot and will not be sorry. She is worth every penny!

This post isn’t going up now but I just had to type this while i'm still excited. There is so much more I want to tell about the show but it will be too long.

On another note: there was a bouncer at the venue looking very mean and serious in his suit, I was watching him frisk and assess people. About two minutes later, I noticed him lift up his left leg and pull out a wedgie. Yup, mean looking security men do frapas on duty as well. It was just funny to see. too bad I didn't get a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment